Thread: When I try to print to file(pdf) via Chromium , it hangs and works only on relogin

Beans

When I try to print to file(pdf) via Chromium , it hangs and works only on relogin

Hello , I am using Lubuntu 13.04 . Whenever I try to print a webpage as pdf file from Chromium , the browser becomes unresponsive. Only on re login does Chromium start again. Also , if I reinstall cups-pdf I am able to print pdfs successfully. But this relief lasts only till the present session. The next time I login to Lubuntu printing again induces hanging of Chromium.

I never faced such issues when I used to use Lubuntu 11.10 only after switching to new version am I facing this issue.

How do I resolve this issue.

I had posted this as this thread a few days back :- http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2142232 . But I did not get any responses , perhaps I had posted in wrong subforum hence posting here.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ask_; June 29th, 2013 at 04:42 AM.

Beans

Re: When I try to print to file(pdf) via Chromium , it hangs and works only on relogi

Is no one facing this issue ?

Beans

Re: When I try to print to file(pdf) via Chromium , it hangs and works only on relogi

As a test, whilst reading your message, I clicked on "Thread Tools" / "Show Printable Version" followed by Ctrl-P / Print to file. This successfully printed your message toa *.pdf file. Sorry - I cannot think of a reason for your problem.

Beans

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Sorry for checking it so late.

I am now using firefox to print files and it is doing so easily. Not a big issue now as it least the other browser is doing the job.