Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Gnome Class "Places"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Gnome Class "Places"

I's there any way for me to switch back to the old style showing under "Places"? Now, when I click on "Places", this is what I see:

Thanks!
    Last edited by mdavis1231; June 29th, 2013 at 08:33 PM.
    Mark in Cincinnati
    "It's great to be free from *******...YIPPEE!!"

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Gnome Class "Places"

Hi, which part of that menu is confusing, specifically?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by snowpine View Post
    Hi, which part of that menu is confusing, specifically?
    Oh, there's absolutely nothing about this menu that's "confusing" at all. My question is, and it's just my preference, how do I get it to look like the old "Places" menu again, like this example from my laptop?

Mark in Cincinnati

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

When you reach a certain number of bookmarks, they stop appearing directly in the menu and appear under a Bookmarks submenu.

I don't think you can change this attribute, but you can look in gconf-editor and dconf-editor and see if there's any item there that changes the number of bookmarks you need in order for it to appear in the submenu.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans

I also, would like to do away with the task bar down the side, and revert back to "the look of" version 10.10, I think that is what (mdavis1231) wants

Dave

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Lightbulb Re: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Gnome Class "Places"

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdalbum View Post
    When you reach a certain number of bookmarks, they stop appearing directly in the menu and appear under a Bookmarks submenu.

I don't think you can change this attribute, but you can look in gconf-editor and dconf-editor and see if there's any item there that changes the number of bookmarks you need in order for it to appear in the submenu.
    You were exactly right. I removed the Google Drive "bookmark", and now it looks the same as my laptop again. Apparently, there's a limit of 8 or 9 folders that you can have "bookmarked", then, like you said above, it compacts and they appear under a Bookmarks submenu. Thanks!!!
    Mark in Cincinnati