Thread: How do I put Panels beneath windows?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

How do I put Panels beneath windows?

Stock, the bottom panel on xubuntu is below windows. But I deleted it and made a new one, and can't find a checkbox that says always on top of windows to uncheck like on ubuntu.
    Last edited by PCunicorn; July 11th, 2013 at 05:21 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: How do I put Panels beneath windows?

Which version of Xubuntu? If its 13.04, right-click the panel and select Panel->Panel Preferences. I believe it is the "Don't reserve space on borders" setting you are looking for.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

12.04, and the option isn't there. I will update to 13.04, but is it any more resource intensive then 12.04?
    Last edited by PCunicorn; July 11th, 2013 at 05:25 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

In 12.04, right-click anywhere on the desktop, Applications -> Settings -> Settings Manager. Select Panel. You can have as many panels as you want! Top, bottom, either or both sides, all in between. Add one by clicking the little plus sign, delete one using the red X. Select the panel you want to modify, then choose it's position.

Your panel may be still there, but set to auto-hide (to be invisible until you mouse over it). I have an invisible panel with only a taskbar in it. When I want to reopen a minimized window (or if I forgot whether or not I had one open), I just mouse over the left border of my screen and the taskbar appears with all my minimized windows.