Thread: rebooted Ubuntu 13.04 a quick flash or an irq error and then a black window

Beans

rebooted Ubuntu 13.04 a quick flash or an irq error and then a black window

Hello All,

Super Novice so please bear with me. I loaded Ubuntu studio 13.04 on my desktop and everything was going pretty smooth I was working with lightworks, a video editing program and lost my pulseaudio. Since I did not know how to restart it I decided to reboot the computer. I also noticed that the option for restart when shutting down was also gone.

When I rebooted I saw a quick statement about some IRQ issues but it does not stay on the screen so I could not write it down. The computer stops with a black screen and a cursor in the top left corner. I can type things on the screen but it is not a terminal. I can use CTRL/DEL and it will shutdown and restart.

I tried getting to grub to find the problem but I have no idea what to do or what to look for.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Richard

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: rebooted Ubuntu 13.04 a quick flash or an irq error and then a black window

Here is a nice step-by-step guide on how to diagnose black/blank screen problems:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1743535