Thread: unable to boot ubuntu, gets the purple screen

Beans

unable to boot ubuntu, gets the purple screen

I have Ubuntu in the Windows through WUBI. A week ago i upgraded the Ubuntu to the 13.04. Initially it worked completely fine but since today morning, Whenever I try to boot the ubuntu I get the Purple screen.
    I power on my lappy, It shows me the two options whether I want to boot WINDOWS 7 or UBUNTU, whenever i chosse the ubuntu it goes to the purple screen and hangs there, nothing happens. On the contrary, the windows boots perfectly fine.

Please anyone help me, I have some useful stuff in the ubuntu partition which i don't want to loose.

How to get rid if this problem??

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: unable to boot ubuntu, gets the purple screen

Thread moved to Installation & Upgrades.

There are not too many Wubi gurus about. It is really intended to 'try before you buy', or in this case install, not a long-term solution. Good luck with it.

* Update: I am a bit confused. I thought Wubi had been dropped in 13.04. Read here:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=13.04+wubi+ubuntu

Maybe that has something to do with your issue.
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; June 27th, 2013 at 04:39 PM.

Beans

I installed ubuntu 12.10 through wubi and then updated it to 13.04 a week ago.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Something in this thread might help you

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2157931

It seems that you select Ubuntu and as it loads you hold down the right shift key. That should bring up the Grub menu. From there Ubuntu should be highlighted. Select Advance Options for Ubuntu and press Enter. Select Recovery Mode and at the Recovery Mode screen select Resume. If that gets you to a desktop go to System Settings and open Software & Updates and go to the additional Drivers tab and activate a video driver. You may need to experiment. Allow the utility time to search for drivers.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530