Thread: apl initialize fail

Beans

apl initialize fail

Hello everyone,

I just install ubuntu 12.04 on my thinkpad e135, everything looks fine, just the touch panel can not work. and give an error '[fglrx:firegl_apl_loadDatabase]*ERROR*APL:apl initialize fail', I don't know what happened, what should I do?

Beans

Re: apl initialize fail

'[fglrx:firegl_apl_loadDatabase]*ERROR*APL:apl initialize fail'
    I'm not sure what the problem is with your touchpanel, but i do know that error is unrelated to your problem. It seems like most users of AMD's proprietary drivers (FGLRX) are getting this error even when everything is functioning properly.

Also, do you mean touchpad or touchpanel? Those are two different things, and you're probably going to have better luck finding a solution if it's just your mouse touchpad aka trackpad.

Beans

Exclamation Re: apl initialize fail

Quote Originally Posted by CossRooper View Post
    I'm not sure what the problem is with your touchpanel, but i do know that error is unrelated to your problem. It seems like most users of AMD's proprietary drivers (FGLRX) are getting this error even when everything is functioning properly.
    I got the same error on: Linux 3.2.0-45-generic #70-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 29 20:12:06 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Beans

Re: apl initialize fail

Sorry I made a mistake, I mean the touchpad, just the trackpoint can work, but the touchpad can't work.