Thread: Has anyone gotten "Libronix eBible" to run in wine/crossover?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Has anyone gotten "Libronix eBible" to run in wine/crossover?

I use just Xfce in Ubuntu/Debian, mostly. I have never installed anything in wine/crossover. It would be nice to use the Libronix eBible again. I paid for the Deluxe addition. If not, I might Dual-boot with Win 7 for this, but probably not. (unsure, but wine/crossover would be a great way to run it, if I can).

Has anyone have experience with this or heard of someone successfully using wine/crossover for it?

I have Xiphos installed natively and like it a lot. Not so much with BibleTime.

Blessings.

;p
    Last edited by mikodo; June 26th, 2013 at 02:19 AM.
    One Psychiatrist's Definition of Insanity: Knowing what one should do and doing differently

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Has anyone gotten "Libronix eBible" to run in wine/crossover?

I haven't tried it myself, but Libronix doesn't seem to play to well with wine according to the WineHQ App database:
    http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...ation&iId=3218
    There have been newer versions of wine since though, so maybe you'll get lucky.

Alternatively, you might want to install Windows 7 as a virtual machine, so you at least don't have to reboot every time. (Using VirtualBox for instance)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

.Re: Has anyone gotten "Libronix eBible" to run in wine/crossover?

Quote Originally Posted by DeathByDenim View Post
    I haven't tried it myself, but Libronix doesn't seem to play to well with wine according to the WineHQ App database:
    http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...ation&iId=3218
    There have been newer versions of wine since though, so maybe you'll get lucky.

Alternatively, you might want to install Windows 7 as a virtual machine, so you at least don't have to reboot every time. (Using VirtualBox for instance)
    Thanks. I read similar accounts of Libronix and wine.

Yes, I had Windows 7 as a .vdi before, and it ran capably. Maybe I'll try that, then as you say I don't need to reboot for it. Not that I don't reboot 5 - 20 times/day with my different distos on disk, but I am putting in a couple of new drives soon, and want to try to shy away from the time consuming hobby of trying everything that looks interesting. Maybe I'll set up Windows in the .vdi and just leave it.

Thanks.
    One Psychiatrist's Definition of Insanity: Knowing what one should do and doing differently

Beans

Re: Has anyone gotten "Libronix eBible" to run in wine/crossover?

Not sure about Libronix, but Logos versions 4 and 5 definitely aren't working in WINE at all. I can't even get the installers to run.

WORDsearch Basic does run OK under CrossOver though.