Thread: Lightening with Davmail not syncing calendar, pls help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Lightening with Davmail not syncing calendar, pls help

So using Davmail with Thunderbird/Lightening to work with my Exchange 2010 server here at work. The mail side of things works fairly well, teh calendaring not so much. I have set it up following the normal instructions, then created a new calendar pointing to localhost:1080.users/user@domain/calendar and I'm getting reminders which is weird.. but cannot see the events.. their not being displayed at all.

Any clues on how I can fix this?
    Linux User #447256

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Lightening with Davmail not syncing calendar, pls help

I wonder if there is something with Exchange 2010 that doesn't work well with Davmail.
    I had used it for a few years in conjunction with Kaivalgai's Conky email script.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=869771

Right about the time my employer upgraded to Exchange 2010 I started having trouble with Davmail.
    The mail in Thunderbird worked OK, most of the time, but the notification via the Conky email script stopped working all together.
    I fiddled with the script a bit (I don't remember what exactly I did.) and was then able to get notification of one new message at a time.
    Any other messages aside from the first one were not displayed.

I went to the Davmail site and made sure I added the snippet of code for Exchange 2010, but that didn't help.

There are a couple of solutions:

1. There is an add-on for Thunderbird that will let you access Exchange (including the calendar). I can't remember the name, but I have used it and it worked pretty well.
    2. This worked for me, but probably isn't what you are looking for, I installed Popper and it picks up new mail messages from the Exchange server. I then use OWA to read the mail. I did this because I use Mutt for email and just didn't want to setup a separate client for work email on my personal machine. I use Google calendar for all of my appointments, so the Exchange calendar isn't a big deal to me.
    Thank you,
    GG -----------