Thread: Greybird GTK Theme question.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Greybird GTK Theme question.

Since upgrading to 13.04 everything works very well, except my GTK theme looks...well...ragged and choppy. Has anyone else had such behavior when using Greybird GTK from the Shimmer project on 13.04 (Especially when looking at the shut down menus or drop down menus, they don't look as polished as 12.04? Is there a theme close to Greybird I could use instead?
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Greybird GTK Theme question.

Quote Originally Posted by sports fan Matt View Post
    Since upgrading to 13.04 everything works very well, except my GTK theme looks...well...ragged and choppy. Has anyone else had such behavior when using Greybird GTK from the Shimmer project on 13.04 (Especially when looking at the shut down menus or drop down menus, they don't look as polished as 12.04? Is there a theme close to Greybird I could use instead?
    Could you include an image? I haven't noticed any raggedness on my system. What is your hardware like?
    Shortened urls: See point #11 here. And clicking on them could be risky.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Intel Graphics. It's mainly in the menus. There are lines below each menu item..etc. Is that normal? (Not sure how to do a screenshot from a pull down menu)
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Since I have some time, I just think i'm going to reinstall 12.04 which is supported till 2017. I upgraded because I thought i'd like a few new features of 13.04 but that is not the case.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by sports fan Matt View Post
    ... (Not sure how to do a screenshot from a pull down menu)
    You probably need to use the "delay" function to take such screenshots: http://askubuntu.com/questions/25228...s-with-a-delay
    Shortened urls: See point #11 here. And clicking on them could be risky.