Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: enable ssl on squid3

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: enable ssl on squid3

I use CentOS for servers, and squid compiled correctly for me without much trouble.

Did you install the "build-essential" package? You should also run "sudo apt-get build-dep squid3" to get the libraries and headers for any dependencies.

I also found this: http://arfanahmedcheema.blogspot.com...ubuntu-12.html
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

ok
    ill test it and tell you my results

Beans
    Distro

Squid 3.3.5 will not compile for me on CentOS if I use --enable-ssl-crtd with configure. I get the error described here: http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-arch...1305/0400.html

I may try again with an earlier minor version like 3.3.4 or 3.3.3.

Update: I also cannot compile either of those versions.
    Last edited by SeijiSensei; June 20th, 2013 at 11:13 PM.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Beans

squid compile .
    but when i add this as the site said
    http_port 192.168.5.239:3128 transparent ssl-bump generate-host-certificates=on dynamic_cert_mem_cache_size=4MB cert=/usr/share/ssl-cert/myCA.pem
    its want start
    and i cant find it on init.d directory or in services to start or restart it

Beans
    Distro

I'm impressed that you got it to compile. As I said, 3.3.3-5 have all failed for me. Squid itself compiles fine, but it fails when it gets to the certificate part.

Did you compile with the "--enable-ssl --enable-ssl-crtd" parameters in configure? It's that last of these that fails for me and for others as I linked to above.

By default, the daemon will be installed to /usr/local. You'd have to first install the repository version to get the appropriate entries in /etc/init.d, then edit the startup script to use /usr/local/sbin/squid instead of the repository version.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    I'm impressed that you got it to compile. As I said, 3.3.3-5 have all failed for me. Squid itself compiles fine, but it fails when it gets to the certificate part.

Did you compile with the "--enable-ssl --enable-ssl-crtd" parameters in configure? It's that last of these that fails for me and for others as I linked to above.

By default, the daemon will be installed to /usr/local. You'd have to first install the repository version to get the appropriate entries in /etc/init.d, then edit the startup script to use /usr/local/sbin/squid instead of the repository version.

the compiling done perfect
    but about the start and stop service manual i didnt get it will
    -bash: cd: /usr/local/sbin/squid: No such file or directory

Beans
    Distro

You really got it to compile with "./configure --enable-ssl --enable-ssl-crtd"? Hmm. I'll have to try again.

I don't recall any more exactly where make install puts the binaries, but they are definitely under /usr/local by default. It might have created a /usr/local/squid directory. Just browse around in /usr/local; you'll find them.

Beans

configure options: '--prefix=/usr' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--bindir=/usr/sbin' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib/squid' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sysconfdir=/etc/squid3' '--enable-delay-pools' '--enable-ssl' '--enable-ssl-crtd' '--enable-linux-netfilter' '--enable-arp-acl' '--enable-snmp' '--enable-gnuregex' --enable-ltdl-convenience

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12