Thread: A way to run Android application (particularly Whatsapp) on my Ubuntu system.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

A way to run Android application (particularly Whatsapp) on my Ubuntu system.

See subject. Reply for more details...please!.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: A way to run Android application (particularly Whatsapp) on my Ubuntu system.

Have you tried running it on the Android SDK?
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans

Re: A way to run Android application (particularly Whatsapp) on my Ubuntu system.

How about giving Genymotion a try?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by sandyd View Post
    Have you tried running it on the Android SDK?
    Yes tried....eats up a lot of RAM......heats up the system.......NOT preferrable, although I use this option in urgent matters.
    Satyam M.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by zemega View Post
    How about giving Genymotion a try?
    Going to give it a try...208 MB virtual device is getting downloaded from their cloud .!.

Let's see.
    Satyam M.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

@Zemega..........I gave a try to Genymotion....and its going good so far....But Genymotion seems to have only tablets as virtual devices in their cloud, no phones' devices....Since whatsapp runs on phones only, so I am unable to use whatsapp........Have you got any idea about this?

Beans

No idea really, I guess you miss that the part that Genymotion is still new. The only thing you can do is ask Genymotion themselves. But I tought that Nexus 7 can also be used as a phone?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I thought that too....but the app doesn't run on it and gives the same error "Tablets are not supoorted"...
    Satyam M.

Beans

Maybe there's a setting somewhere in Genymotion to stimulate connection through GSM. Probably that app needs a GSM connection instead of wifi connection.