Thread: Realtek Semiconductor co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E Will not connect to interent period

Beans

Realtek Semiconductor co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E Will not connect to interent period

Okay so I have a Toshiba Satellite with windows 7 and I installed Ubuntu. I have installed Ubuntu before on another computer and had no issue with the internet. When i click on the network menu on the top menu bar, there is no option to enable wireless, and even when it says and when i know it isn't connected through a wire, it says wired connection. when I look to see what network card I have is the Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E. or at least that what it says. I have no idea why my wireless network wont show up and why i cant connect to the internet at all, and yes I have tried a wired connection, still wont work. Please help me, I really like Ubuntu and want to use it horribly bad.

My Ubuntu Version is 12.04, this is useful information.
    Last edited by howefield; June 18th, 2013 at 08:08 PM.

Beans

Re: Realtek Semiconductor co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E Will not connect to interent pe

I am also facing the same problem. In the drop down menu, 'enable wireless' is not there.
    Ubuntu version is 11.10. Laptop is hp-pavilion g6 2320 TX.

Network controller : Ralink corp. Device 3290
    Ethernet controller : Realtek Semiconductor co., Ltd. Device 5229 (rev 01)

And also, when I ran the command 'lshw -C network', it gave the following msg :

*-network UNCLAIMED
    #some data

*-network
    #some data

What is network UNCLAIMED??

Please help me. I have gone through the forums and still haven't found a fix.

Thanks

Beans

Re: Realtek Semiconductor co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E Will not connect to interent pe

okay so I opened a terminal and did nm-tool, these are the results.

state: Disconnected
    Device:etho0
    type:wired (there is no ethernet wire connected to my computer btw)
    driver: r8169
    state: unavailable
    Default: No
    Hw Adress: 00:26:6C:27:FD:A6
    Capabilities
    Carier Detect: yes
    Wired Properties Carier: off

Then I did iwconfig and these are the results of that.

lo no wireless connection

etho0 no wireless connection

Beans

Help? Please?