Thread: Ctrl-Alt maximizing windows

Beans

Ctrl-Alt maximizing windows

Every time I press Ctrl+Alt, it maximizes the current window. This is really annoying when I'm using keyboard shortcuts to switch between workspaces. It started happening when I used xmodmap to remap some keys (number pad, num lock), but I've undone that and I can't get it to stop. Any ideas what could be causing this? I'm using Ubuntu 13.04. Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Ctrl-Alt maximizing windows

The command to reset your keymap is

setxkbmap -layout us
    of course, change us to the appropriate regional layout if you aren't in the us
    clear && echo paste url and press enter; read paste; (youtube-dl $paste) | zenity --progress --title="" --text "Downloading, please wait" --auto-close --pulsate && ans=$(zenity --file-selection); gnome-terminal -x mplayer "$ans"

Beans

That didn't fix it. I did disable the keyboard shortcut for toggle maximization state (all my other window keyboard shortcuts were already disabled), and now instead of maximizing, every time I press Ctrl+Alt it moves the window to the top half of the screen and toggles through various window widths.

Beans
    Distro

Weird! unfortunately that was my only guess on this one.. bump.
    clear && echo paste url and press enter; read paste; (youtube-dl $paste) | zenity --progress --title="" --text "Downloading, please wait" --auto-close --pulsate && ans=$(zenity --file-selection); gnome-terminal -x mplayer "$ans"

Beans
    Distro

Check the settings in Compizconfig Settings Manager.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by plkoij View Post
    It started happening when I used xmodmap to remap some keys (number pad, num lock), but I've undone that and I can't get it to stop
    The question is what were your exact xmodmap commands, and what did you do to reverse them?