Thread: Bug in usb-modeswitch?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Bug in usb-modeswitch?

I have ZTE -AC2726 USB Modem. In Ubuntu 'Saucy' its being detected only as 'stroage device'. I have checked the Modem in other distros, like, Debian Wheezy_xfce, fedora18_xfce, and in Arch_gnome and the moded is detected as Modem.

In all the three distros I have tested my Modem the device ID from 'lsusb' is 12d1:1001 but on Ubuntu its 12d1:1446 and never changes.

In 'Saucy' I have uninstalled 'usb-modeswitch' completely and reinstalled it but without any improvement in the status. Its NOT switching to Modem. I borrowed two other modems from my friends and tried it on ubuntu. They don't work neither. However no problems on other mentioned distros.

Since this is happening only in Ubuntu, I was wondering if its a bug in the 'usb-modeswitch' package or some other package, library or dependency related to it, which Ubuntu ships.

I am not sure if its a bug. If fellow Ubuntu users can confirm this.. then perhaps it is a bug and needs to be reported.

Regards...
    "Evolution is Nature's way of issuing upgrades."

Beans

Re: Bug in usb-modeswitch?

Quote Originally Posted by fantab View Post
    I have ZTE -AC2726 USB Modem. In Ubuntu 'Saucy' its being detected only as 'stroage device'. I have checked the Modem in other distros, like, Debian Wheezy_xfce, fedora18_xfce, and in Arch_gnome and the moded is detected as Modem.

In all the three distros I have tested my Modem the device ID from 'lsusb' is 12d1:1001 but on Ubuntu its 12d1:1446 and never changes.

In 'Saucy' I have uninstalled 'usb-modeswitch' completely and reinstalled it but without any improvement in the status. Its NOT switching to Modem. I borrowed two other modems from my friends and tried it on ubuntu. They don't work neither. However no problems on other mentioned distros.

Since this is happening only in Ubuntu, I was wondering if its a bug in the 'usb-modeswitch' package or some other package, library or dependency related to it, which Ubuntu ships.

I am not sure if its a bug. If fellow Ubuntu users can confirm this.. then perhaps it is a bug and needs to be reported.

Regards...
    usb-modeswitch have been conflicting with usb-modeswitch-data for a couple of weeks, a possible solution is to downgrade usb-modeswitch to a older version which matches the current usb-modeswitch-data ...
    Ubuntu Gnome 13.10 Asus P5Q-DeLuxe C2Q Q9450@3.2GHz 8GB Nvidia GTX650Ti 1GB Asus Xonar Essence ST Crucial M4 64GB(system) 3TB storage Corsair VX450 Xigmatek Asgard

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by xeizo View Post
    usb-modeswitch have been conflicting with usb-modeswitch-data for a couple of weeks, a possible solution is to downgrade usb-modeswitch to a older version which matches the current usb-modeswitch-data ...
    Interesting. I will check that out.

Thanks xeizo.
    "Evolution is Nature's way of issuing upgrades."

Beans
    Distro

Is everyone else still having conflicts with usb modeswitch data?
    To err is human, but not uniquely so.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ubername View Post
    Is everyone else still having conflicts with usb modeswitch data?
    Yep, apport thinks I haven't got an up-to-date system thanks to usb-modeswitch-data.