Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wich is the latest version of Chromium Browser?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Wich is the latest version of Chromium Browser?

Thread has entered the realm of recurring discussions.

I highly doubt it will take Firefox's place as the default browser at this rate.
    Thank you for your contributions. "So long and thanks for the fish!"

Beans

To back up the first sentence in my post #9, here's a link: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lu...er/003006.html
    Users can easily damage their systems by using sudo su if they aren't experienced enough.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    To back up the first sentence in my post #9, here's a link: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lu...er/003006.html
    OK. So is this the PPA to use, then? https://launchpad.net/~cmiller/+arch...r-stable-daily

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by malspa View Post
    OK. So is this the PPA to use, then? https://launchpad.net/~cmiller/+arch...r-stable-daily
    I'm sorry I don't know anything about that. I think OP was interested in the version available from the Software Center, in other words, no ppa.

(BTW, I use Firefox beta direct from Mozilla, Chrome beta from Google's ppa, Seamonkey from seamonkey-project.org, Chromium from the Software Center and play a little with xombrero from a lubuntu ppa.)
    Users can easily damage their systems by using sudo su if they aren't experienced enough.

Beans
    Distro

I love Ubuntu but sometimes the way they do things like this can drive me crazy...Chromium still in version 25 with no newer versions? It's a good thing i use Chrome...it puts a chrome ppa in your software updater and in fact i just got version 28 which was just released to the stable channel....i get the new stable like 1 day after it's available in the channel...

And that bug report about the touchpad settings changes not locking in and reverting to the default when you close the window... i reported in FEBRUARY and still hasn't been assigned to fix yet...a very obvious bug too...hasn't even been fixed in 13.10 (i checked)....unbelievable...and this is supposed to be a good replacement for windows or mac?

Let's not forget Brasero, the default disc burner...hasn't worked right in years...even XF-BURN is far far superior and of course K3b as well...

Or the MS-Core Fonts agreement not popping up right when downloading Ubuntu Restricted Extras (that windows hides underneath the software center window so it can be easy to miss) broken for quite a long time now...and still broken on 13.10 as well...all obvious problems...

I wish they would get on the stick...Ubuntu has been getting so nicely polished, has great features and looks great too...so it really saddens me when i see stuff like this...
    Last edited by craig10x; June 18th, 2013 at 07:15 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Well, I tried it in Kubuntu 12.04 but couldn't get chromium-browser to launch, so I'd say no, don't try it.

Code:
    steve[~]$ chromium-browser
    ./third_party/tcmalloc/chromium/src/free_list.h:118] Memory corruption detected.
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)
    steve[~]$
    I removed the PPA and got rid of that version of Chromium, then reinstalled Chromium 25. Whatever.

Beans
    Distro

I'm with you, craig10x. In Ubuntu and Kubuntu, I simply use Chrome.

Beans
    Distro

Yep...the only way to go, malspa

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    ... i just got version 28 which was just released to the stable channel....
    Interesting that it's just for Linux currently!

Beans

I dont get what the big fuss about with Chromium not being up to date, if its not a security update or improves features then its not really worth the fuss.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast