Thread: Installed 13.04 in wubi yet it is not supported anymore-how the heck that happen?

Beans

Installed 13.04 in wubi yet it is not supported anymore-how the heck that happen?

Hey guys, I don't really know what happened. Some sites and ubuntu users say that wubi is not supported in 13.04 anymore. But how the heck did I do it then?
    Will it be bad in the future? I hope not.
    Please tell me somthing to do to avoid any problems. Thank you guys.

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: Installed 13.04 in wubi yet it is not supported anymore-how the heck that happen?

Not supported means there is no entity in charge of ensuring that it works and release fixes if it fails, but it doesn't mean it is guaranteed not to work. BTW why would you want to install Ubuntu with WUBI anyway?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Installed 13.04 in wubi yet it is not supported anymore-how the heck that happen?

Also Wubi is being dropped because it doesn't work with GPT partitioned drives, all new machines that come with Windows 8 preinstalled are like this.

If your machine has Windows 7 or if you upgraded to Windows 8 from 7 then you are using the old msdos partitioning system, this does still work with Wubi.
    Cheesemill

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain2012 View Post
    Not supported means there is no entity in charge of ensuring that it works and release fixes if it fails, but it doesn't mean it is guaranteed not to work. BTW why would you want to install Ubuntu with WUBI anyway?
    Now I know. NO sir, I actually wanted it to install while in ubuntu itself. But after like ticking the check boxes and tick continue, it restarted and booted in windows. Then it continued to install there. Maybe because I used universal usb installer? mmm, I don't really know things much about this

I actually wanted it to install while in ubuntu itself. But after like ticking the check boxes and tick continue, it restarted and booted in windows. Then it continued to install there. Maybe because I used universal usb installer?
    WUBI is meant to install to Windows, not Ubuntu. If you want to install another Linux, then virtualize.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine