Thread: can't see Skype in internet menu after installation although running with alt+F2

Beans

can't see Skype in internet menu after installation although running with alt+F2

Hi. I am running Lubuntu 13.04 from a usb stick. I haven't yet installed it in on my hard drive. I successfully installed Skype following instructions that I found here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lu..._install_Skype I can launch Skype using alt+F2 but I can't see it in the Internet menu. Is there a way to see it in this menu? I know almost nothing concerning pcs. Thank you.
    Last edited by ksuourgos; June 23rd, 2013 at 08:10 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: can't see Skype in internet menu after installation although running with alt+F2

This might be difficult using a live system; do you have persistence enabled in the USB stick?

Beans

Re: can't see Skype in internet menu after installation although running with alt+F2

Hi ajgreeny. I am not sure. Is there a way I can see this now? I mean if I have persistence enabled in the USB stick.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I'm not completely sure about that. I have used Lubuntu before now but never for any long time on a live system, so I don't know if the menu is dependent upon an installed OS rather than just a live one. On an installed system with Lubuntu 12.04 skype appears in the Internet group in the menu without a problem.

Beans

After rebooting the system, Skype appears in the internet menu. So the problem is solved. Thank you very much ajgreeny for your time and effort
    Last edited by ksuourgos; June 16th, 2013 at 11:45 AM.

Beans

I don't have a "mark this thread as solved" option at the Thread tools menu. Don't know how else to mark this thread as solved.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Go to your first post and edit it; in the Advances edit box you can add SOLVED: to the front of the thread title.