Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 13.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: 13.04

13.04 has been stable and solid for me. Getting that required updating the kernel. (I'm on 3.8.0-23, via dist-upgrade). Since that, it's been smooth sailing. It is not terribly different from 12.04, but the extra polish shows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I've been running 12.04.2 on my laptop for a couple weeks now and just for fun I made up a "Live" USB stick with 13.04 to try out. After messing with it for a little bit I'm going to stick with 12.04. It just has a better "feel" to it for me. Not sure why since they're basically the same but I just like 12.04 better for some unknown reason.
    I'd stick with 12.04LTS since you get long term service with it. Of course as always that JMHO, YMMV.
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

The UI differences really are subtle. The Launcher is more self-consistent in appearance, and there are a few minor behaviors I remember noticing that seemed just a bit smoother in this version. I think showing the window contents in the snap animation is new, as well (at least since 12.04.) A few of the settings options have moved around a bit. I have that same reaction that, in sum, they just feel different (even if I'm favoring 13.04 myself.)
    I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12