Thread: Admin page of old D-Link Router ignores when we press Apply button (opera, fx, chrome

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Admin page of old D-Link Router ignores when we press Apply button (opera, fx, chrome

We've tried on Opera, Firefox, Chrome browsers, but our old D-Link router (10 years old)'s admin pages won't do anything when we press the Accept button.
    Years ago, we tried it on Internet Explorer, but 1) we don't want to have to download IE 2) IE is not available on Linux

Is there a way I could somehow press the Apply button? I mean, perhaps, maybe there's some line I could enter into the URL_bar/Wonderbar that would be the equivalent of mouse-pressing the Apply button?
    Page source is at http://paste.ubuntu.com/5770140/
    Last edited by hanzj; June 16th, 2013 at 08:39 AM.

Beans

Re: Admin page of old D-Link Router ignores when we press Apply button (opera, fx, ch

make sure javascript is enabled, other than that, and trying the various other browsers, I'm not sure what else you want us to tell you. you could try an XP install in VirtualBox. IE was/is the bane of the internet, and some manufacturers only catered to it.
    of course, make sure it isn't a configuration issue (In otherwords, you've set the options correctly on the web page so that they should be accepted)
    Last edited by HiImTye; June 16th, 2013 at 08:43 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Admin page of old D-Link Router ignores when we press Apply button (opera, fx, ch

1. javascript is enabled on my browsers. I even tested on http://www.enable-javascript.com/
    2. The problem isn't a configuration issue.
    3. have you examined the page source? Why not try to recreate that page and try clicking the button yourself? You may have the same experience as me.

Beans

Recreating that page wont really do anything since we dont all have the same router to connect to Back in the day, routers were woefully underpowered in terms of cpus... I assume youve given it a decent amount of time after clicking to apply the settings and reboot the router if necessary?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

carboi,
    You may not have the same router, but I thought this was an HTML/Javascript/coding issue, and not a router issue per se.
    Yes, I gave it time. I looked at the stop/reload button on the 3 browsers, and it's as if, the browser did not "hear" the pressing of "Apply"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

1. There is a pop-up blocker running on the newer browsers.
    2. You may have to press "Enter" after making a change and then the "Apply" button - I have seen this on other (crappy) router admin interfaces.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Did you try viewing the page without CSS and then pressing apply? Like someone else mentioned, you can use tab to focus on the Apply button and then press enter ..
    You can also download IE tab for Firefox and try that. (If that still exists)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

i'd probably install xp in virtualbox for it
    or drop 20 bucks to buy new router, life is too short to tear hair out because of unsupported devices
    if your question is answered, mark the thread as [SOLVED]. Thx.
    To post code or command output, use [code] tags.
    Check your bash script here // BashFAQ // BashPitfalls