Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Uses a Mouse with their Laptop?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Who Uses a Mouse with their Laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by David D. View Post
    I use a Logitech wireless mouse with scroll wheel for my laptop.
    I use one of those fancy unifing wireless mice+keyboard things.

Sure beats using a touchpad. and tiny keyboard.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans

Cool Re: Who Uses a Mouse with their Laptop?

Don't leave home without it! Used to be I carried around a Serial Mouse or PS2 (as the case would be) with each laptop; now it is a wireless or the dark-field mouse. I can't stand the touch-pads and disable them immediately upon purchase; The top hats (Thinkpads) I leave on for emergencies, but rarely use them.

Beans

Logitech wireless mouse here for my laptop.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

A few years ago I had a laptop from the company I worked for. First thing I did was buy a usb mouse and keyboard. I much prefer the mouse and prefer a "proper" keyboard . I find the track pad on most laptops very tiresome. The keyboard on a lappy, not very responsive. Hell I wish they'd given me a desktop instead and let me work from home.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Who Uses a Mouse with their Laptop?
    Me.

Beans

I don't. I like to use the trackpoint thing on my Thinkpad instead. In fact, I took my mouse to work for my desktop because it's better than the one I had and I found myself never using it with the laptop.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

i have a wireless Logitech laser mouse for mine, though i use the trackpad full time now, unless i am using my desktop
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

I'm using an A4tech GLaser USB mouse, it will work on almost any surface including glass. (fiendishly clever these laser beams)
    At the moment it's sitting on an old paperback book next to my laptop, it's much easier than using the touchpad.
    Not too expensive from eBay, about £12 IIRC.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by ssam View Post
    you can turn off tap to click in the mouse/trackpad control panel.
    I really prefer touchpads, maybe because I really do like using a laptop in my lap, but my new Asus X202e has such a huge trackpad and such incredibly bad performance at turning off said trackpad when typing that I've set up Ctrl+Space to toggle the trackpad's activity. It's becoming a habit to just whack Ctrl+Space when I want to enter text and again when I'm done typing, so it doesn't actually get in my way very much. I don't use the mouse when typing (I already have the habit of Ctrl+ arrow use for navigation) so it works out for the most part.

I wouldn't want to turn off tap-to-click, especially on a nice multitouch trackpad like this one. I've always ignored the left and right click buttons, and I need my middle click, anyway. This is a clickpad, so I could just turn off the tap functionality and remember to press a little harder, but I don't want to. = , It's really nice to have that effortless tap in switching windows, or scrolling in the browser (I use touch scrolling in Chrome).
    I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I'm using a mouse with my laptop because I don't like my trackpad. I would even love to find a mouse for my smartphone because I don't like touchscreens.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast