Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WoW framerate problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

WoW framerate problems

Okay I installed WoW a couple days ago, it installed fine and I can play it. My problem is that I can only get 15-20 fps, while on windows I got 30-60, depending on the area. I really don't want to go back to windows, not even dual boot as it feels like a waste of space to me. Any suggestions besides going back to windows, and turning down the settings? I have an nvidia card, I'm running it with nvidia-settings --load-config-only, and running it in opengl. I've tried it without all that too, same deal.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: WoW framerate problems

Well, you could try with Cedega or CedegaCVS, Patrick wrote a installation script for it somewhere.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Unfrotunately cvscedega didn't work for me, so I just reinstalled XP as a dual boot. I refuse to pay for cedega when I have XP sitting here.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

ummmmm cedega is cheap then XP's Problems lol pay for one month $5 then stop paying tell it to not update nor log in and BOOM u got free FULL cedega
    Computer Specs: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T | 4 GB 1333 Quad Channel DDR3 | AMD Radeon HD5830 | 3x 500GB SATA 3GB/s

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by vem0m View Post
    ummmmm cedega is cheap then XP's Problems lol pay for one month $5 then stop paying tell it to not update nor log in and BOOM u got free FULL cedega
    Not sure what you said but... okay. It's not the price. I don't want to pay for cedega when I'm not even sure it will run WoW better for me than wine did. (And with how well wine is SUPPOSED to run WoW, I doubt it will run it any better.)
    Last edited by Orunitia; July 15th, 2006 at 12:36 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

it did for me lots better and its worth a try dude as XP takes up space and causes more problems then its worth to play a game on lol up to u, but as i said pay for one month of cedega u d/l it and use it cancell payment don't uninstall just tell it to not login anymore to a cedega account and disable updating and u can use the version u were using then on out for free.
    Computer Specs: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T | 4 GB 1333 Quad Channel DDR3 | AMD Radeon HD5830 | 3x 500GB SATA 3GB/s

Beans

Did the original poster verify that she had the proper graphics drivers installed?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

i also find that cedega is a waste of money, i mean im not going to pay for the game, pay for my computer, pay for internet, pay any game subscription fees and THEN pay for some program to run the game in linux. Ill use windows or wine thank you very much.
    Jabber: markgrandi[at]gmail.com

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

apperntly u guys do not understand the term pay for it then stop and u have a full program to run those games last time i will repeat this as it has been said enough times now

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by vem0m View Post
    apperntly u guys do not understand the term pay for it then stop and u have a full program to run those games last time i will repeat this as it has been said enough times now
    I assume you mean purchasing the 3-month Cedega minimum subscription then cancelling, so that you have the latest version of Cedega after the 3 months are over forever.

Unfortunately, the problem with this, especially with World of Warcraft, is that in the past WoW patches have broken compatibility with Cedega and the only way to fix it is to get a new version. Imagine being stuck with an old version of Cedega when a new version of WoW is released, keeps your old version from working, Transgaming releases a fix, and you're unable to get it... it's happened to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast