I'm on ubuntu 12.04
For some reason, the sound output changed to "dummy output".
I have no idea why.
me@me-GeForce6100PM-M2:~$ hwinfo --sound
> hal.1: read hal dataprocess 7334: arguments to dbus_move_error() were incorrect, assertion "(dest) == NULL || !dbus_error_is_set ((dest))" failed in file ../../dbus/dbus-errors.c line 282.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
libhal.c 3483 : Error unsubscribing to signals, error=The name org.freedesktop.Hal was not provided by any .service files
15: PCI 05.0: 0403 Audio device
[Created at pci.318]
Unique ID: CvwD.RQk7jdMXoF7
SysFS ID: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:05.0
SysFS BusID: 0000:00:05.0
Hardware Class: sound
Model: "nVidia MCP61 High Definition Audio"
Vendor: pci 0x10de "nVidia Corporation"
Device: pci 0x03f0 "MCP61 High Definition Audio"
SubVendor: pci 0x10de "nVidia Corporation"
SubDevice: pci 0xcb84
Memory Range: 0xfe024000-0xfe027fff (rw,non-prefetchable)
IRQ: 21 (29555 events)
Module Alias: "pci:v000010DEd000003F0sv000010DEsd0000CB84bc04sc03i00"
Driver Info #0:
Driver Status: snd_hda_intel is active
Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe snd_hda_intel"
Config Status: cfg=new, avail=yes, need=no, active=unknown
lspci -nnk | grep -iEA3 audio
00:05.0 Audio device : NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 High Definition Audio [10de:03f0] (rev a2)
Subsystem: NVIDIA Corporation Device [10de:cb84]
Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel
00:06.0 IDE interface : NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 IDE [10de:03ec] (rev a2)
I installed pavucontrol
I ran it, and on the configuration tab, it says 'No cards available for configuration'.
I have also tried to enter "alsamixer" into the terminal and I get the following. cannot open mixer: No such file or directory. I also tried to run /usr/sbin/alsaconf and it came back with bash: /usr/sbin/alsaconf: No such file or directory. I finally tried "pulseaudio", and I got this. E: [pulseaudio] pid.c: Daemon already running. E: [pulseaudio] main.c: pa_pid_file_create() failed
Basically the soundcard is not detected. me@me-GeForce6100PM-M2:~$ aplay -l aplay: device_list:252: no soundcards found.... I then typed in lspci -v and got this... 00:05.0 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 High Definition Audio (rev a2) Subsystem: NVIDIA Corporation Device cb84 Flags: 66MHz, fast devsel, IRQ 22 Memory at fe024000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K] Capabilities: <access denied> Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel
me@me-GeForce6100PM-M2:~$ cat /proc/asound/cards
--- no soundcards ---
Thanks so much.