Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hbogo and maxgo stopped working after last update to ubuntu 12.04

Beans

hbogo and maxgo stopped working after last update to ubuntu 12.04

This has happend on both of my systems. Used to work great, now when I try to view a program, the screen just goes mostly blank, with arrows at each side as if I wanted to scroll through a program play list. I know it has something to do with the last system update, but don't know how to fix it. System says it is up to date. Probably something to do with flash?? I am a ubuntu / linux beginner. Please help.... miss hbogo and maxgo.

thanks in advance

Beans

Re: hbogo and maxgo stopped working after last update to ubuntu 12.04

Looking further into this matter it seems that the last adobe flash update (11.2?) is what killed my video.

I cannot find an easy way (linux novice... needing foolproof step by step), to go back to the previous working version 11.1?

Help please...

Beans

I'm also experiencing this problem as well as trouble with amazon prime instant videos. I tried downgrading flash via synaptic and via an archive I found on the adobe site all the way to 11.2.202.275.

I'm able to login, but the player stops at 'optimizing your video quality' on hbo go. Amazon gets all the way up to buffering the video then just stops.

In HBO Go, I opened chrome developer tools and see some elements in there about an unsupported browser version which aren't displaying in the browser. Not sure if this was there before or not, but I was definitely able to get HBO GO to work just a couple of weeks ago. Downgrading did not seem to help.

Beans

One further note: this is definitely not a problem for all flash video. I'm able to play video on new york times and daily motion. Probably others as well though I haven't tested. Probably something to do with the drm they're using on these sites?

Beans

BUMP. I've been struggling with this same problem for two days, would appreciate any solutions/workarounds anyone has discovered.

Beans

I'm also having this problem and searching for a solution.

Beans

For anyone that's still having this problem, I was able to resolve it by following the instructions here (http://askubuntu.com/questions/14573...zon-prime?rq=1) for installing hal and removing the .adobe folder. At least it works in firefox.

I followed those instructions then tried amazon prime. It went through a new 'updating player' thing before loading video (yay!). I then tried HBO GO and that worked too. It wasn't HD, but that's probably due to the internet connection I'm on right now.

Let me know if this works for you!

Beans

Got rid of all adobe stuff. Downloaded Lightspark and Gnash SWF viewer. Works fine now.

Beans

Hi folks,

I've tried all of these things, and still no dice: HBOGO loads up when I click a video, then black screen: nothing. All was working beautifully last week. Any other options?

Beans

I have also tried all of this and more. Can no longer stream HBOGO or MAXGO on Ubuntu. I've tried in firefox and chrome, only getting a black screen when trying to start watching a show. Surely someone has a fix for this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast