I got a System76 Lemur (lemu4) and a Crucial m4 SATA-3 128 GB SSD and I have to say that my Toshiba SATA-2 1.0 TB 5400 RPM hard disk drive is superior in every which way that you can name it. I'm not joking either. It's slower, but there's a ton of more available disk space and it's dirt cheap to boot. Hard drives are reliable technology and prices continue to go southward with each passing year as SSDs replace them. Now is the best time to buy high capacity hard drives at very low prices. There's nothing that can beat all of that available disk space.

Sure, SSDs are lightning fast and durable, but their reliability is spotty because they can just suddenly die without warning. They're small in capacity and expensive. They have limited write cycles before they become gradually unusable. For most people, the SATA-3 interface is the limiting bottleneck for pure performance compared to the much faster PCI-e interface which is several orders of magnitude faster and more expensive atop already expensive prices for SATA-3 SSDs. Get the picture?

I'll keep my Crucial m4 SSD since it's a major pain in the ass for me to re-install everything from the beginning again, but I should have picked out a 1 TB hard disk drive when I first bought my PC and saved myself the headaches of re-installing my OS and software applications plus my user data.

I doubt many will agree with me, but I'm looking at this from a poor man's viewpoint. I'm grateful for my expensive PC, but I could have saved well over $120 dollars by going with a high capacity hard disk.

I've had 1 Crucial m4 SSD die on me suddenly and I'm hoping this one won't die on me suddenly, but you never know with SSDs. HDDs are more reliable and dependable.