Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Error while mounting ntfs drive.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Error while mounting ntfs drive.

I have no idea what log file to review, there are many. And your issue may be somewhere we would not normally look anyway.
    I normally look at dmesg which is the same as what your see when booting if you do not use quiet splash and it is more driver related.
    I might just start reviewing all recent logs and look for something related.

What gui are you using, I use fallback or gnome-panel so may not see same info.
    For more info on UEFI boot install & repair - Regularly Updated :
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans

I'm using the default 12.04 gui, which I think is ubuntu-desktop? I'm not sure. Havent really messed with gui's yet.
    I might install gnome-panel, it looks nice from what I can see.
    Should I check dmesg? I don't see a lot while booting.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

The default is the Unity with the icons on the left side. My monitor is 4:3 so I have more space on top & bottom so the old layout works better, plus oldfred is getting to the point where change is more difficult.

I might look at dmesg but that may be before whatever is mounting your partition. Then just look for any log files with time stamps for most recent boot and see if anything applies?
    For more info on UEFI boot install & repair - Regularly Updated :
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans

Do I need to post dmesg? Is this a logfile?

Meanwhile I've been looking for another solution, since we are obviously not getting any further with this problem.
    I modified my /etc/rc.local file to include sudo umount and sudo mount. Is this a good way of going about it? Or is there a better way?
    Code:
    sudo umount /dev/sdb1
    sudo mount -U 3AB87D34B87CF02D /media/mediadrive
    exit 0
    Is there any way I can add boot options like in fstab via sudo mount? Options like default,windows_names etc etc?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234