Thread: Receiving files via Bluetooth on 12.10 (64 bit)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Kylin 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Receiving files via Bluetooth on 12.10 (64 bit)

Hi

I've looked through existing threads about problems others have had on earlier versions of Ubuntu and the inability to receive files via Bluetooth from a smartphones.

I have found the same issue with 64bit of 12.10 LTS.

My android phone is recognised and I can see there is an option to transfer files from the PC to the phone, but cannot find where I can do the reverse, i.e. send files from ther phone to the PC.

Can someone please advise whether I'm doing something stupid, or whether no resolution or work-around of the problem still exists?

If it's me, can someone please offer any advice on how I can resolve my access problem.

Thanks
    Alan

Beans

Re: Receiving files via Bluetooth on 12.10 (64 bit)

It's more a solution to your problem (hopefully) than an answer to your question, but try this

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Kylin 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Receiving files via Bluetooth on 12.10 (64 bit

Thanks for that ViCoolio, but that tutoriol seems to refer to moving files from the PC to my android phone (I'm trying to do the reverse) and also that my PC will have a mini-usb port to take the recharging usb cable from my phone (and my PC doesn't have such a mini-usb port)
    Alan

I've had another look ViCoolio at that tutorial. Seems one person with same phone as me (Samsung Ace 2) commented "Ubuntu 12.04.1 Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 with Android 2.3.6 - gmtp does not work"

I bought a new usb cable for the phone (mini usb plug one end, standard usb plug at t'other) and when I plug that into the phone and into a normal usb socket on the PC, I can see folders on the phone but all folders appear to be empty.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Alan

Just worked out what to do.
    Forget Bluetooth!
    Use usb charging cable.
    On the Ace2, select Settings
    Then go to Wireless & network
    Select USB Utilities
    You then get a window USB mass storage
    Click on the button Connect storage to PC
    Bobs your uncle!
    Alan
    Last edited by howefield; October 11th, 2016 at 04:29 PM.