I have a Lenovo S10-3t with Ubuntu 12.10 installed. Knowing that I have limited Internet access where the machine is (and will be), my 13.04 upgrade ways seem to be as limited. Here's the issue I need some help with;
- ONLY through a cell phone as a modem.
- I have a decent quota through my 3G connection, but the only problem is the speed which ranges from 5-20 kbps in the area where the machine is; most probably due to bad coverage.
- With this speed it's impossible to do the whole upgrade through Internet; appr 1 g download will take ages.
- So, I booted from a 13.04 live CD and established Internet connection using the cell phone as a modem, as it's required for the upgrade to have Internet connection even if it is using a live CD.
- The upgrade installer does NOT recognize the established connection for some reason. Despite the fact that I can browse the Internet at the very same time using FF.
1- Is there a way to make the cell phone modem a recognizable connection to the Live CD upgrade installer?
2- Can building an off-line repository on a flash memory with some decent Internet speed somewhere be of any use? If it is, how can I use it for the upgrade?