Thread: 13.04 Java Plugin not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Question 13.04 Java Plugin not working

I was trying to use a java app on my browser, and it just redirected to java.com's install page, so I figured I don't have the plugin installed. So I went to Software Center, installed the IcedTea Java Plugin, and restarted my browser. The app still does the same thing. I went to java.com's thing to check if Java is installed, and it said it was "unable to verify".

I go to the Test Java page and it says a plugin is needed, and "click here" to install them, so I click there, and Firefox's Plugin Finder Service 2 launches and searches forever. It's been about 15 minutes now and the finder is still pretending to search, so I'm guessing something's broken there. Whatever.

Point is, there's a java web app that I need to access, but am unable to, so I need help being able to get my java/firefox/icedtea/whatever stuff working again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beans

Re: 13.04 Java Plugin not working

Uninstall this icedtea. Go to http://www.webupd8.org/2012/01/insta...buntu-via.html , add ppa for oracle java, and install jre/jdk for your needs. Java will work everywhere.