Thread: Firefox overlay-like scrollbars in Ubuntu 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Firefox overlay-like scrollbars in Ubuntu 12.04

I'm trying to install overlay-like scrollbars in Firefox from here. On one of my previous installs I somehow managed to get them working but I don't remember how. Now I'm stuck again. I've tried following both the original instructions and the ones posted in a comment on gnome-look. Both result in the scrollbar just getting resized. I've tried to move the scrollbars folder and it's content around but to no avail. It seems that it can't load/find the scrollbar image files. What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by Isamu715; June 23rd, 2013 at 03:43 PM.

Beans

Re: Firefox overlay-like scrollbars in Ubuntu 12.04

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu715 View Post
    I'm trying to install overlay-like scrollbars in Firefox from here. On one of my previous installs I somehow managed to get them working but I don't remember how. Now I'm stuck again. I've tried following both the original instructions and the ones posted in a comment on gnome-look. Both result in the scrollbar just getting resized. I've tried to move the scrollbars folder and it's content around but to no avail. It seems that it can't load/find the scrollbar image files. What am I doing wrong?
    I've just got it working, needed to install gtk2-engines-pixbuf, which at least on 12.04 doesn't seem to be installed by default.

S.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Firefox overlay-like scrollbars in Ubuntu 12.04

Thanks, that did it, works great now