Thread: Netflix on Ubuntu - Easy, but some problems

Beans

Netflix on Ubuntu - Easy, but some problems

Wow, you have no idea how happy I am - I am now using Ubuntu instead of Windows as the only OS on my Lenovo laptop.
    HOWEVER, even though these instructions were easy to follow even on 13.04 rather than 12.10 which the article was written for, there is some horrible screen tearing during watching.
    http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/ope...untu-1210/4019
    I was watching Prison Break which isn't even in HD to the best of my knowledge - so I don't even wanna know how bad the screen tearing would be on HD content.
    I will be super grateful if you guys have a solution for this.
    My laptop has "Intel Ivybridge Mobile" graphics according to Ubuntu Details - maybe that's the issue? I'll be at work soon and am going to try on some other PCs there (I work at a computer store so that's easy to do) but I want to solve it on my laptop as it working fine on somebody else's computer doesn't really help me at all LOL)
    Thank you Ubuntu Community Members

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Netflix on Ubuntu - Easy, but some problems

For me I just found everything extremely show and mostly unusable. I have a fairly powerful machine, so I am not really sure what the issue is. This computer is still running 12.04, so maybe it would work better under 13.04.

I wish they would just support a native version for Linux.
    Do you folks like coffee?

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Netflix on Ubuntu - Easy, but some problems

Do you need proprietary drivers for your GPU? I thought Prison Break would be HD.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss