Thread: Error splicing file: Input/output error: no solution found...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Error splicing file: Input/output error: no solution found...

Hi all, I can't boot into Windows anymore so I was resigned to a clean install. I did not want to lose my files, software configurations etc... so I wanted to transfer them from my OS-drive (SSD) to any external flash-drive or HDDs.

However I get the dreaded Error splicing file: Input/output error every single time. This is for all media/drives which are not the SSD. Copying from SSD to itself works. Emailing the original file from the SSD does not (file doesn't upload to email).

This is a big bummer as it looks as if I won't be able to save the registry either... How do I get rid of this error message? The files are fine, so why can I not copy them?

Thanks!

PE
    Last edited by Pott; June 21st, 2013 at 05:49 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Error splicing file: Input/output error: no solution found...

Additional info:
    File is not more than 4GB big, it's only a few KB (it's a Mozilla FF .json bookmarks backup).
    Source is an OS SSD with all my Windows OS (unsure of file format, will need to check and edit accordingly)
    Destination is either a USB key, an internal hard-drive or an external hard-drive. All showed the same error message

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Error splicing file: Input/output error: no solution found...

Aaand now it works. I did absolutely nothing but re-start the PC on the thumbdrive and try again. Ah well... Solved!