Thread: imac 27 late 2012

Beans

imac 27 late 2012

HI,

Any help that you guys can point out I have been trying to install ubuntu on my new iMAC 27inc late 2012 and I was successful on installing the ubuntu 12 but it has no internet connection and has contstant crashes even when just opening a new browser

Tried installing the ubuntu 13 version and that failed on installation as well..

Do I have to use a different version of UBUNTU to have it working? I tried searching for help but got nothing..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: imac 27 late 2012

After the initial install, what exactly is crashing? Are you getting screen artifacts and glitchy video?

I'd recommend you install the Nvidia proprietary drivers. You can do it via terminal: sudo apt-get install nvidia-current.

Your brightness settings might be messed up but try that first and see if it fixes the issue. We can tackle brightness after.

Beans

It just hangs and reboots after .. the main issue is the internet connection any insight on what I need to install to have it working

Beans

Finally got the net working had to do some updates on my kernel.. now trying the drivers fix THNX!

Beans

It would be useful if you could post a little more. There is very little information about installing linux on a modern Mac. I considered buying one, but for lack of information, I wouldn't do it. So, what is your configuration (do you have a fusion drive for example) and what works and what doesn't?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I agree with Q-colletive, please always post back and share the knowledge and solutions with the community. Please let us know what you did to fix the problem.