Thread: Guide for Glade?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Question Guide for Glade?

Hi, I have been inspired to create GUI applications by Jono Bacon's video on youtube about creating applications in Glade.

Although he goes through creating a simple application (maybe simple to him but maybe not so simple to beginner programmers like me) but is there a guide to using and manipulating Glade (and Python)? I have been slowly studding the python tutorial but I can't find one for Glade.

Please post any suggestions of any websites or books helping you to learn how to use Glade.

Many thanks in advance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Guide for Glade?

Thanks, I will read later.

Beans

Re: Guide for Glade?

I went to the suggested article but not sure how dated it is? It doesn't look right (from a newbee here...) in that the article doesn't show the actual Glade application screens, But, I will go back and read it, this is just first glance. But, I am starting to make a little progress. Not sure if this is the best forum to ask glade questions(?)
    UPDATE: I went back and looked at the artical. This snippit :
    self.wTree=gtk.glade.XML (gladefile,windowname)
    look unlike other examples I have used today. So, this is indeed confusing. I also see the artical is from 2003. Perhaps that is the difference, new version of Glade?
    Last edited by eightbits2010; July 31st, 2013 at 03:57 AM. Reason: typos's and additional information.