Thread: which version is better ubuntu ultimate or ubuntu 12.04

Beans

which version is better ubuntu ultimate or ubuntu 12.04

Hi,
    I am new to ubuntu , I want to know which version is better ubuntu ultimate or ubuntu 12.04 so that I could install that version on my desktop.

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: which version is better ubuntu ultimate or ubuntu 12.04

Quote Originally Posted by jitu1987 View Post
    Hi,
    I am new to ubuntu , I want to know which version is better ubuntu ultimate or ubuntu 12.04 so that I could install that version on my desktop.

Thanks
    Welcome to linux, where nothing is 'better', only 'different'. It's a matter of opinion, try both out (you can use a CD or USB drive to try it out without installing) and see which you like better. Alternatively, there's more recent ubuntu releases, 12.10 and 13.04, but these only get software updates for a shorter period of time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: which version is better ubuntu ultimate or ubuntu 12.04

As MG&TL said. Unlike in windows where Ultimate gets your more (and costs more). In Linux you get it all anyway.. So ubuntu ultimate has more display customisation options (animations and window decorations etc) and a few more things enabled by default.

Ubuntu 12.04 would be slightly less customisation options. And less enabled by default. but you can enable and install most things after its been installed. You don't get locked out of certain features because you didn't hand over enough cash. standard Ubuntu might be less slightly daunting for a new user, but both are awesome. Pick which ever you thing you'd prefer. You won't miss out on much picking one over the other.
    "Those who make peaceful protest impossible make violent revolution inevitable"