Thread: Elementary OS Installation Issues

Beans

Elementary OS Installation Issues

Hey guys, I need some help with installing beta 2 version of Elementary OS Luna.

Whenever I try to install Elementary from a CD, it always gets stuck at the Elementary "e" logo. Nothing happens after that. I tried installing the OS with nomodeset, and it worked for a while. After I restarted the computer when the battery was down, the installation stopped working again.

Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Elementary OS Installation Issues

What do you mean - worked for a while? Did you manage to install it or not? It is the working installation that doesn't work or installation disc?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vadimkolchev View Post
    What do you mean - worked for a while? Did you manage to install it or not? It is the working installation that doesn't work or installation disc?
    I managed to get past the Elementary logo. When I was about to install Elementary OS, my computer got shut down due to its battery. I plugged the cable and turned the computer back on, but when I did, I got stuck in the Elementary logo again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

You said you succeeded with passing nomodeset argument. Could you try it again? And also, if you have to pass nomodeset during installation, there's a big chance that your video card may be not very well supported by this distro and you may end up with cli. Usually in most user-friendly distros video card is detected on boot of the installation media and proper driver is loaded. In your case something is wrong with the driver of the installation media, probably, or with compatibility of distro and your video card. However, you could try if you wish.