Thread: Keyboard stopped working

Beans

Keyboard stopped working

I have a Dell Inspiron E1505, probably 5 years old. All of a sudden my keyboard stopped working. I did the upgrade to 12.04 LTS but that didn't resolve problem. When I hit F2 during bootup, It's useless because I can't navigate the blue screen once it opens. Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix? Could the actual keyboard be bad? The touchpad does work however.

Please note I'm a computer novice & went to Ubuntu based on a coworkers suggestion. I really not too familair with anything advanced, using terminal, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Beans

Re: Help! Keyboard stopped working

Sounds more like a hardware problem then a software. You should check if this happens in a live CD too? or on different operation system.
    ! Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition !

Beans

Re: Keyboard stopped working

Turns out it was a bad keyboard. Thanks to Ebay, got a new one for under $12 bucks. Youtube gets a thanks too for having a few videos on how to change...wicked easy btw.

Beans

Re: Keyboard stopped working

Glad that you have a new working keyboard. Do you know that DELL offer a free manual (how to dismount) for all computer on their web site. You should check that too it is very helpful when a hardware problem occur.
    ! Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition !