Thread: wont start

Beans

wont start

I had a message that there was a problem with image 3.5.0-28 and there then my computer was soooo slow so I restarted it and now ubuntu wont open I tried therecuperation mode but it doesnt work ...
    so how can I do....
    should I install linux again .. how to do so and If I do will I loose all my datas on my hard drive

thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: wont start

In order to get help you have to give us more information:

What ubuntu are you running?

How was it installed?

What are your hardware specifications?

And describe the problem in detail, what is the message related with the problem in kernel?, when ubuntu started to be slow?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by claracc View Post
    In order to get help you have to give us more information:

What ubuntu are you running?

How was it installed?

What are your hardware specifications?

And describe the problem in detail, what is the message related with the problem in kernel?, when ubuntu started to be slow?
    at
    it is ubuntu 12.20 i think but since It doesnt start I dont really know... what can I do... how can i install a new ubuntu
    a friend installed it for me saying that I would never get any troubble .... when he installed it he didnt format and my datas were not deleted. can I reinstall from a usb key without deleting what s o nmy harddrive

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

With so little information about what you have installed, in which way have been installed and hardware specs is very dificult to get any help.

You can ask your friend about these questions.

If installation was made without a separated /home partition, yes, you will lose your data.

You can try to backup them prior to reinstalling, but is system doesn't start, it will be difficult.

Wait for a more expertize advice.