Thread: Comodo Anti-Virus for Linux

Beans

Comodo Anti-Virus for Linux

1. http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-...-for-linux.php

Comodo has a free, modern, easy to use anti-virus program for various GNU/Linux distributions including Ubuntu 12.04.x.y 32 and 64 bit LTS. I just downloaded and installed it including the post-installation script. I am doing an anti-virus scan now. The graphical user interface is intuitive and it is very simple and easy to learn how to use. Anti-virus definition updates and updates to the Comodo anti-virus program itself are available right in the GUI and they are free of charge. Scanning for viruses is pretty slow if you have terabytes of data to scan, but it does show a window with the current scan progress in percentages and it shows how many objects are scanned and how many threats were detected along with the elapsed time for the scan and the start time. It's pretty comprehensive as a free anti-virus Linux program goes. I'm surprised that it's free because it is so features rich. There is no problem with this Comodo anti-virus program. There are no segmentation faults whatsoever. It just works right out of the box. I have Ubuntu 13.04 64 bit and it works. It is designed for Ubuntu 12.04.x.y 32 or 64 bit LTS as well as other popular GNU/Linux distributions.

This is especially excellent and it is very easy to use and it's completely free to update and upgrade the anti-virus definitions and the program itself. It's a small wonder why I switched from Microsoft Windows 7 to Ubuntu 64 bit full-time because of quality freemium software applications like Comodo anti-virus. This saves me quite a bit of money and it helps to give me some measure of relief.

Highly recommended! Go get it!

Beans

Re: Comodo Anti-Virus for Linux

Comodo has always been known to be free. Before I made the complete switch over to Linux, Comodo is what I used to use based on it's reputation, which is quite good.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Thread moved to Ubuntu, Linux and OS Chat.

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Is this a commercial?

Beans

I've used Comodo myself, and while I accept their product on Windows, I'd never use it on Linux. You could say I use Linux to get away from needing an anti-virus, at least in part. It makes sense on Windows.

I don't mind a scanner, but I don't see the point, unless I'm doing virus research or something. But when I have an OS that offers certain guarantees, as long as follow those requisites for those guarantees, I don't see why I should be worried?

Beans

This is not a commercial.

I've tried quite a number of anti-virus programs for Linux and COMODO is the easiest and the most features rich so far. It's excellent. I completed a 1.20 terabyte scan in 1:07:14 hours and minutes. I like the ability to perform automated virus scans without having to create a cron job manually in the terminal.

I think that I'm going to stick with COMODO anti-virus for a while until something better comes along. It's the best free Linux anti-virus program thus far.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Dorner View Post
    This is not a commercial.

I've tried quite a number of anti-virus programs for Linux and COMODO is the easiest and the most features rich so far. It's excellent. I completed a 1.20 terabyte scan in 1:07:14 hours and minutes. I like the ability to perform automated virus scans without having to create a cron job manually in the terminal.

I think that I'm going to stick with COMODO anti-virus for a while until something better comes along. It's the best free Linux anti-virus program thus far.
    Does it actually detect and remove Linux viruses, or is Comodo only a windows virus scanner that runs on a Linux distribution?

Beans

I think it removes Windows viruses. I share folders and files with Microsoft customers so it's well worth it for me to have COMODO.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi Leslie Dorner.

Please keep us posted.

I've heard it's difficult to fully uninstall, if a person decides to.
    I learn something ubuntu everyday.
    dell precision T7500 1Tb hdd x 2
    2.67 Ghz intel xeon X5550 cpu
    nvidia quadro fx 4800-1.5 Gb video card

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quite easy to install deb file.
    Run post install script as per instructions and thats it.
    Now I tried it, but unistalled after 2 days as really but really slowed down my system and grafic card started to act weirdly (couldnt resize windows, a lot of freezing of flash videos etc).