Thread: Installing Ubuntu 12.04 on (old) Android Phone

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Installing Ubuntu 12.04 on (old) Android Phone

Here is the man page for it
    http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/...otstock.1.html

rootstock is a tool to generate a .tgz file or qemu image containing an armel rootfsIn order to get 12.04 on my nexus 7 it took me 3 days and a lot of hacking and still nothing worked the way that I wanted it to there is also the whole trick of using sed to change /etc/apt/ and then downgrade all the packages (that is what I ened up doing in the end and still did not work out that well for getting ubuntu tv to work on arm)
    Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by josephmills View Post
    Here is the man page for it
    In order to get 12.04 on my nexus 7 it took me 3 days and a lot of hacking and still nothing worked the way that I wanted it to there is also the whole trick of using sed to change /etc/apt/ and then downgrade all the packages (that is what I ened up doing in the end and still did not work out that well for getting ubuntu tv to work on arm)
    Hmm. I doubt I stand much of a chance doing this then. I don't actually understand how to access the Ext 4 section of the disk from android let alone get the device to boot to it. And that's even if I could understand the file structure to the extent that I could put each file in the right place.

Thanks anyway.

Beans

I have now run every step of the tutorial without issue and it still boots into evervolv rather than ubuntu. Having said that I don't see why this should boot into ubuntu. It's an evervolv zip. I can access the ubuntu folder from the evervolv terminal is there some script there I can run to boot up into ubuntu? If not what script do I need to put there?

I found the problem. I had the wrong evervolv zip. Now the phone boots into ubuntu. My thanks to everyone who posted.
    Last edited by Frimbleglim; May 26th, 2013 at 07:19 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12