I have two machines that I would like some info on how to configure .desktop files. One machine is a Ubuntu 13.04 (Unity) guest machine on a host computer running Ubuntu 12.04 with VirtualBox, and the other is Ubuntu-GNOME (Gnome shell and NO Unity) on a separate real machine. If it matters, all machines are 64-bit.

On both machines, I have managed to create a .desktop file for a php program I want to run. In the .desktop file I have the php command line specified on the exec= line, and Terminal=true specified. It works, but I have to manually resize the terminal window every time I launch it. So I would like to pass some parameters to the underlying terminal command as well. Specifically in my case, I would like to pass --geometry parameters to the terminal. Is there any relatively easy way to do this? From my searches so far, I fear not, and if that is the case it is just one more reason why I don't care for Unity or Gnome shell. If there is a way to do it, there may yet be hope.

Thanks,

X

P.S. I have also used gnome-terminal on the exec line and then specified Terminal=false, and it works that way. It just seems like if you are going to specify "Terminal=true" then there should be a way to pass paramters to the terminal.