Thread: Change Login Screen Ubuntu 13.10

Beans

Change Login Screen Ubuntu 13.10

Hey guys, as u can see i want to know who i can change the login screens. Maybe someone can help me with it

im Using Ubuntu 13.10 64 Bit

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Change Login Screen Ubuntu 13.10

System Settings -> Background : select (click on) the one that fit your needs ; then logout/in to get it

Beans

I dosnt have the optin Background in my System Settings...

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Ubuntu 13.10 is very much like Ubuntu 13.04 as regards the system settings utilities. Nothing has changed. But in using 13.10 you may experience issues because 13.10 is under development. In system settings look for Appearance. That is where the background image is changed and it is the same in Ubuntu 13.04 and Ubuntu 12.10 and even Ubuntu 12.04.

If we select a static (unchanging background) then that image will appear as the background to the log in screen. If we select a rotating background (changes throughout the day) the the log in background image will be the standard Ubuntu background image which at the moment is the same image as in 13.04.

How experienced are you with using Ubuntu?

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Well im trying it out

Beans
    Hidden!

I usually browse my pictures with image viewer and when I find one that I want to make as the background I just right click on the picture and select "set as wallpaper".
    That is an alternative way to changing the backgound in system settings > appearance.
    A few days ago my login screen (in Saucy) went from the Orangish default to my wallpaper. I didn't do a thing to make that happen either.

Raring was the same while in development, with the wallpaper as the login screen but, when I installed the ISO after final release my login screen is back to the Orangish default and I have no idea how to get it to work with my wallpaper like it did.

And I always have a static wallpaper on all my installs.

signed clueless
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.84Ghz. 4.0GB DDR2 RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GT