I wanted to check out Linux Mint 15RC, so downloaded and installed it. I don't really like Cinnamon, too old fashioned.
Still to love Unity, maybe with Unity Next. I like Gnome 3 very much. There are enough menus to use, from classic gnome-menu, Unity Dash, Gnomenu, Slingshot in the extensions. It also has the window list.

Then uninstalled Cinnamon, Nemo went with it, not a big deal as Nautilus had come with Gnome 3.8. Changed Raring to Saucy In the sources.list, marked off Olivia repos, updated and upgraded. I have now the bleeding edge Linux Mint Saucy Gnome 3 edition with Linux kernel 3.9.0.2. Don't know how to call it, maybe Mint 16 RC or just Saucy-Mint. So far so good! It works. It is bleeding edge. It can break any time, but I won't believe it would do that. I was with Raring all the way until it was finally released. Nothing broke down in that, so I'm sure nothing would break in Saucy-Mint. It'd be fun!

I also have Saucy Gnome from Ubuntu--not the Ubuntu-Gnome edition--with kernel 3.9.0.2
Let's see which one is more "polished."