Thread: Install Drivers from ubuntu

Beans

Install Drivers from ubuntu

Hello there
    I screwed up some vital drivers of my windows system, and cant boot to it now , always getting BSOD
    Now i wnated to know if there is a way to install drivers from ubuntu , to my windows partition ?
    I really have no clue how i should get the drivers to my windows and this is my last option :S

Thank you all !

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Install Drivers from ubuntu

Which specific drivers did you install? You might be able to manually replace the dlls provided by the drivers you installed, but that sounds tedious

Try booting into safe mode, or see if the last known working configuration works by hitting f8 right after you select Windows in the grub screen

Beans

nah tried it all , cant get to safe mode.
    I uninstalled the drivers for my graphic card and removed the generic ones from windows, cause they were faulty, and forgot to instal new ones ( did it all from safe mode ) then rebooted ,
    and cant load up windows anymore , neither safe mode
    this is my last step before installing winodws completly new , so i give everything a try.
    I tried to install the drivers from recovery console with the pnputil.exe , but did not work out...

Beans

backup data, format, reinstall.

Beans

Thats what i want to avoid , is there really no way to inject a driver to windows from an other os !?

Beans

You can boot off the install media and try the repair option. beyond that I doubt there is much you can do.