Thread: using copy & past in a terminal window

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

using copy & past in a terminal window

I know I have read someplace about how to copy data and paste it in a terminal window. But I cannot remember both where I read this or how to do it. I did a search in this forum but could not find anything about it. Would someone be so kind as to tell me how to do it.
    Michael

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: using copy & past in a terminal window

I found the answer, just use shift + insert that did past the script location I was trying to run but sadly the website where it was is gone. But now I have another problem, that of installing a program into Ubuntu as I did find a program to do what I want to do. That is be able to access my Pogoplug drive with Ubuntu so I have some more studying to do.

Michael

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

what programme? where id you find it?

usualyl you woudl install from software centr or add a PPA and then install from software center.

if not then search fro .deb fila.

if that doens't exist oyu need to compile it yourself. you will need a few tools fo rthta and then follow the isntrucitons in readme file usually found in the package.

otherwise using mouse you can right click and paste or copy in terminal.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup (suitable for older PCs): Redobackup Less friendly disk backup (works on new PC): Clonezilla

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Most terminals you can also highlight a word or or area of text from a webpage or document and middle-click(scroll wheel if your mouse has it) in the terminal window.

Beans

Control-Shift-C
    Control-Shift-V

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Strangely ctl+shift+c or v didn't work and I am using a laptop so no middle mouse button. But shift+ins did work. Regarding Pogo plug I did find a file on the pogo plug website for Linux I have downloaded it and extracted now I just have to make it work, but that is for another thread which I will start.

Michael

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

On my laptop selecting and clicking both buttons of the touchpad simultaniously works, hitting the touchpad with three fingers at the same time too (that's hard). With the mouse it only works with the middle button