Thread: Presentation remote for Android

Beans

Talking Presentation remote for Android

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a presentation remote app for android that works well with Ubuntu. I have not been able to find one as yet, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

James

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Presentation remote for Android

Not sure what you're after there.

Are you looking for an app that runs on Android that can control a slide show running on Ubuntu?
    I am the bigger bunny! Squash that small bunny!

() ()
    ('.')
    (")(")

Beans

Yep that's exactly it - an app that runs on android which allows me to control a presentation running on my Ubuntu laptop

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

At a quick look, (haven't tested it myself)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...use.lite&hl=en

The above app, or any similar should do it. This category of apps connects your phone/tablet to your computer via Bluetooth - so you have to have a bluetooth receiver in your computer you wish to control. Then, the app just works as a mouse or keyboard, so a simple mouse click or up/right arrow *should* advance the slides in your presentation for you.

You can also buy a bluetooth receiver if you choose to go this route and don't have one built in, but at that point, a simple USB - IR receiver would likely be a cheaper option, but eliminate your initial desire of using your phone.

Good Luck!

Edit: It looks like the App link I posted will also allow control over a Wifi network, if both your computer and phone/tablet are on the same network.
    Last edited by x C0MMAND0 x; May 17th, 2013 at 07:29 PM.
    Check out my Youtube channel for some awesome gaming videos, including Dragonforce, "Through the Fire and Flames" on Expert Performance Mode from Guitar Hero III. My Youtube Channel

Beans

Thumbs up Re: Presentation remote for Android

That seems like a really good one! The server just runs though java and does indeed appear to allow control via WiFi - perfect since my laptop does not have bluetooth. Great call!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hello, I just installed it, but I'm having problems running it, did you experience any difficulties? I get to see the application, but I can't run it.
    Lenovo Ideapad Y530
    Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2.00GHz
    4 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1066MHz
    Intel Integrated Graphics X4500