Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skype

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

listen canonical,ubuntu,Mark and the whole clan,you can monkey around all you want with your new distribution but if you mess around with Skype I am gonna pray for you to have diarreah for a whole week,hehehehehehehe
    by the way the launcher reveal timing has gotten a lot better,it is really quick now.
    any one having problem with Skype?
    Thanks Guys.....
    Last edited by QIII; May 15th, 2013 at 12:24 AM. Reason: language

Beans

Re: Now I am Mad! :p

Quote Originally Posted by kuvanito View Post
    listen canonical,ubuntu,Mark and the whole clan,you can monkey around all you want with your new distribution but if you mess around with Skype I am gonna pray for you to have diarreah for a whole week,hehehehehehehe
    by the way the launcher reveal timing has gotten a lot better,it is really quick now.
    any one having problem with Skype?
    Thanks Guys.....

Skype is a proprietary product owned and now developed by Microsoft, it is nothing to do with Canonical.

Skype always worked fine for me in Ubuntu but I havent used Ubuntu for some time, the Linux download worked fine for me in Slackware and still works fine at version 4.1 in fedora 18.

"any one having a problem with Skype" is slightly arbitrary, try posing a specific question around your issue giving as much detail as possible.

Peace
    Last edited by lisati; May 15th, 2013 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Edit to reflect changes in quoted message
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

get your facts right, skype is now a MS product. complain to them if things don't work as advertised or if it's doing something you don't like

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

kuvanito - if your problem is installing or core dumping see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2133148.
    HP g72t icore3 with intel graphics and broadcom 4313 wireless running 13.04unity, Ubuntu GNOME updated to 13.10 and a 13.10 unity. Plus using older desktop machine running 12.04 Lubuntu with nvidia geforce mx400.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

guys I don't play around with old stuff
    I am using 13.10
    13.04 is fine,I am testing 13.10 and really though that this forum Ubuntu+1 was dedicated to 13.10 and nothing else
    my bad,guess I am gonna have to go some where else to talk about 13.10

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kuvanito View Post
    guys I don't play around with old stuff
    I am using 13.10
    13.04 is fine,I am testing 13.10 and really though that this forum Ubuntu+1 was dedicated to 13.10 and nothing else
    my bad,guess I am gonna have to go some where else to talk about 13.10
    Please report problems to the appropriate place, if it's packages maintained by Ubuntu, report the problems to launchpad, report Gnome, XFCE LXDE or KDE packages to their respective bug trackers. For partner packages, Skype, Acrobat etc, report them to the package producers. You can tell where the packages originate, if you use synaptic, and click the Origins button.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    Please report problems to the appropriate place, if it's packages maintained by Ubuntu, report the problems to launchpad, report Gnome, XFCE LXDE or KDE packages to their respective bug trackers. For partner packages, Skype, Acrobat etc, report them to the package producers. You can tell where the packages originate, if you use synaptic, and click the Origins button.
    If skype worked on 13.04 and doesn't on 13.10 sure seems to be a 13.10 problem. We use skype to Australia from U.S. on my wife's windows - she uses windows because she supports web sites with dreamweaver not available on linux.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

@kuvanito

I saw the joke, even if others didn't. And I am touchy when it comes to people blaming Ubuntu for the failings of other software developers. I see that Saucy Software Centre (try saying that without your false teeth in) has some Skype plugins but not Skype itself and the Skype download page has a version for Ubuntu 10.04 & 12.04 but not the interim releases. I cannot really blame the Skype developers for that. Especially, as I do not use Skype.

It does not mean there is something wrong with us if we want to experiment with different stuff and share our experiences.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    @kuvanito

I saw the joke, even if others didn't. And I am touchy when it comes to people blaming Ubuntu for the failings of other software developers. I see that Saucy Software Centre (try saying that without your false teeth in) has some Skype plugins but not Skype itself and the Skype download page has a version for Ubuntu 10.04 & 12.04 but not the interim releases. I cannot really blame the Skype developers for that. Especially, as I do not use Skype.

It does not mean there is something wrong with us if we want to experiment with different stuff and share our experiences.

Regards.
    Thaucy Thoftware Thenter!
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running 16.04 on Mobo: MSI model: B85-G41 PC Mate(MS-7850) v: 1.0

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    Thaucy Thoftware Thenter!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast