Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: OALD8 in 13.04

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Beans
    7

    Red face OALD8 in 13.04

    Hello guys, how are you doing?
    I'm a newbie to Ubuntu and I've installed 13.04 version
    I used to run windows 7 and now I switched to Ubuntu; but I have a problem with installation of Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary8
    I need it in my studies. I checked some links but they are outdated.
    Can you help with a complete guide to how?

    Thank you ^_^

    Note: when I try to launch it from the commands I get this error : The setup program seems to have failed on amd64/unknown
    Last edited by sokyoto; May 13th, 2013 at 03:58 PM.

  2. #2
    dino99's Avatar
    dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nux Jam
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: OALD8 in 13.04

    install synaptic :
    sudo apt-get install synaptic
    sudo synaptic
    then search about "festlex" and install the packages you need

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Beans
    7

    Re: OALD8 in 13.04

    Quote Originally Posted by dino99 View Post
    install synaptic :



    then search about "festlex" and install the packages you need
    I installed all this and I still get the same error:

    The setup program seems to have failed on amd64/unknown
    Fatal error, no tech support email configured in this setup

    Also; I use this command to install setup.sh : Desktop/linux/setup.sh

    When I tried to run it using setup.sh itself it turned to open as a txt containing a lot of commands.....

    Can you please help me!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Beans
    7

    Re: OALD8 in 13.04

    Any replies please!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't find a solution.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Left Coast of the USA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

    Re: OALD8 in 13.04

    Hello and welcome to the forums!

    We all understand that every question asked here is very important to the person asking it.

    But please don't bump your threads so quickly. You have to understand that we are a community of volunteers who come here on our own time as we have time. The person with the very best answer may live in Tokyo or Mumbai or Berlin or Des Moines. They may be sleeping, having a meal, playing with their children, watching a movie with their spouse or even just sitting in front of the TV with glazed eyes right now.

    Please give your post 24 hours to make the journey around the world before you bump it.

    Thanks, and I hope someone is able to help you soon.
    My Blog
    Ubuntu Help Pages I'm constructing: AMDGPU and AMDGPU-PRO
    Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Beans
    7

    Re: OALD8 in 13.04

    Quote Originally Posted by sokyoto View Post
    I installed all this and I still get the same error:

    The setup program seems to have failed on amd64/unknown
    Fatal error, no tech support email configured in this setup

    Also; I use this command to install setup.sh : Desktop/linux/setup.sh

    When I tried to run it using setup.sh itself it turned to open as a txt containing a lot of commands.....

    Can you please help me!!!
    You should open the Terminal and navigate to the directory that way, typing in:
    Code:
    cd ~/Desktop/linux
    Then you should type the command below, which runs the script to install the software:
    Code:
    ./setup.sh
    That should help you, but if the above command doesn't do anything, you should type (while in the linux directory) the command below, which makes the script executable...
    Code:
    chmod +x setup.sh
    Hopefully that will help you, but I know installations with scripts can be kind of a pain.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Beans
    7

    Re: OALD8 in 13.04

    Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

    We all understand that every question asked here is very important to the person asking it.

    But please don't bump your threads so quickly. You have to understand that we are a community of volunteers who come here on our own time as we have time. The person with the very best answer may live in Tokyo or Mumbai or Berlin or Des Moines. They may be sleeping, having a meal, playing with their children, watching a movie with their spouse or even just sitting in front of the TV with glazed eyes right now.

    Please give your post 24 hours to make the journey around the world before you bump it.

    Thanks, and I hope someone is able to help you soon.
    Thank you ^^ It is my first time at a forum, so I don't know the rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ipeters61 View Post
    You should open the Terminal and navigate to the directory that way, typing in:
    Code:
    cd ~/Desktop/linux
    Then you should type the command below, which runs the script to install the software:
    Code:
    ./setup.sh
    That should help you, but if the above command doesn't do anything, you should type (while in the linux directory) the command below, which makes the script executable...
    Code:
    chmod +x setup.sh
    Hopefully that will help you, but I know installations with scripts can be kind of a pain.
    Thank you for your response. But it doesn't work. this is a screen shot of what problem I have:



    I have downloded the OALD8 from torrent BTW!

    Thank you

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Beans
    7

    Re: OALD8 in 13.04

    Okay, the chmod command isn't your issue then. Can you upload the setup.sh for us to diagnose?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Beans
    7

    Red face Re: OALD8 in 13.04

    Quote Originally Posted by ipeters61 View Post
    Okay, the chmod command isn't your issue then. Can you upload the setup.sh for us to diagnose?
    Thank you

    The file is in the attachement.

    Thank you for the cooperation
    Attached Files Attached Files

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Beans
    7

    Re: OALD8 in 13.04

    Bump!! Please help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •