Thread: Wifi wont show up

Beans

Wifi wont show up

hello i have ubuntu 12.04 and i want to connect to internet by wifi but it wont show up and when i press the wifi switch the light wont turn on but when i had windows xp it worked so can you please help me

Beans

Wifi wont show up

hello i have ubuntu 12.04 and i want to connect to internet by wifi but it wont show up and when i press the wifi switch the light wont turn on but when i had windows xp it worked so can you please help me

Beans

Wifi wont show up

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Wifi wont show up

Please open a terminal with CTRL+ALT+T and show the outputs of the commands:
    Code:
    uname -a
    lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
    lsusb
    iwconfig
    lsmod
    rfkill list

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Ubuntu is not crafted to work with that machine as Windows was. Linux distributions try to be a one size fits all product and so are not machine specific. You have to do things differently. Have you set up a wireless connection to your router?

https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/ubuntu-help/net.html

When you installed Ubuntu did you have a wired connection or a wireless connection? Have you clicked the Network Manager icon in the top panel. Do you see a list of wireless access points in range? Is your wireless access point listed? Is networking enabled? Is WiFi enabled?

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Threads merged and moved to Networking and Wireless.

Please do not start duplicate threads in multiple areas of the forums.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.