Thread: Opensource Video Conferencing MCU software

Beans

Opensource Video Conferencing MCU software

Dont know which forum section i should put this topic in, please correct me if I choosed wrong..

I'm looking for a opensource MCU
    Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multipoint_control_unit

I've found OpenMCU - https://github.com/muggot/openmcu
    But can't make it work.

Have you tried this or do you have any other tips?

Beans

Smile Re: Opensource Video Conferencing MCU software

I don't know a lot of CMU software, but maybe you could be interested in Big Blue Bottom, that's a great open source software. We use it at TALCOD (French Web and Open source agency I work in) to build videoconferencing tools tailored to each organization and I can tell that customers are quite satisfied with it. Hope it helps!

Beans

Re: Opensource Video Conferencing MCU software

Quote Originally Posted by M TALCOD View Post
    I don't know a lot of CMU software, but maybe you could be interested in Big Blue Bottom, that's a great open source software. We use it at TALCOD (French Web and Open source agency I work in) to build videoconferencing tools tailored to each organization and I can tell that customers are quite satisfied with it. Hope it helps!
    I want to be able to use Radvision, LifeSize and other professional endpoints with video features. Also connect iOS and android devices such as Windows, Linux and Mac desktops

Beans

I don't know a lot of CMU tools, but as I work at a French Web and Open source agency (TALCOD), I do know well BigBlueButton. Customers are quite satisfied with the videoconferencing tools we build and base on it, so it could be a solution if you're looking for this kind of tool.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by M TALCOD View Post
    I don't know a lot of CMU tools, but as I work at a French Web and Open source agency (TALCOD), I do know well BigBlueButton. Customers are quite satisfied with the videoconferencing tools we build and base on it, so it could be a solution if you're looking for this kind of tool.
    Ok. You did not answer my question..
    Can I connect with iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Windows 8, Linux devices? Can I connect with Radvision and Lifesize video conferencing systems?
    Or are you just spreading shameless commercial at a Ubuntu forum?