Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Enable Global Menu in Xubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Best desktop envrioment

Quote Originally Posted by ViliX64 View Post
    To craig10x: Unity is too heavy for my spec. I already had it and there was no lack for lag.
    Perhaps then install Cairo Dock Session on ubuntu w/unity...because when you log into cairo dock session, unity will not be running...then i guess it would depend on whether or not cairo dock is too heavy for your computer's specs....

If it would work for you, in that session, you would just have Cairo Dock and the unity top panel including the global menu...once you have logged into it, that will be the default each time you boot up until you change it on the log in menu...that set up could work nicely for you, if it wouldn't lag as unity does for you on your computer...might be worth a try...

Once you install, you select "Cairo Dock with Unity Panel" (that is referring to unity's top panel not the Unity Dock itself which does not run in the session)...
    Last edited by craig10x; May 11th, 2013 at 04:09 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Enable Global Menu in Xubuntu

So the appmenu plugin is no longer maintained? https://launchpad.net/xfce-appmenu-plugin Isn't there any panel at all that features an apple-like panel, excluding the unity panel?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Enable Global Menu in Xubuntu

I use DockbarX with Xubuntu. Works great. Throw in Gnome-Do for searching, and it's like having Unity and Dash, without the rest of the garbage (lag, privacy issues, etc).

But yeah, I would love it if the Global Menu panel app for XFCE, that worked so beautifully in 11.10, still worked now.
    Still hoping a distribution will one day be called "Stylish Skunk"...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123